NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Main Course Book Unit 5 Travel and Tourism Chapter 4 Promoting Tourism are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Main Course Book. Here we have given CBSE Class 10 English Main Course Book Unit 5 Travel and Tourism Chapter 4 Promoting Tourism.
CBSE Class 10 English Main Course Book Unit 5 Travel and Tourism Chapter 4 Promoting Tourism
Based on your reading of the article above, answer the following questions :
- What evidence does the author provide to support his view that our efforts to attract foreign tourists have been unsuccessful ?
- What, according to you, may be the reasons for such a bleak scenario ?
- What is the shift in tourism policy recommended by the author ? What are his arguments for such a shift ?
- What are the two initiatives taken by Karnataka that signify marked change in its marketing strategy ?
- Why have Kerala’s tourism figures grown while those of some other states have remained static ?
- Why does the author say that we should now make efforts to attract the domestic traveller ? What are the areas that we should focus on to achieve it ?
- Why does the author say, “Clearly Tourism, like Charity, begins at home ?”
Find words or phrases from the passage that mean the same as the following.
(a) to renovate, redo, or revise (paragraph 1)
(b) trying to win the favor, preference, or goodwill of (paragraph 1)
(c) come in small numbers (paragraph 4)
(d) well-off; rich (paragraph 5)
(e) friendly (paragraph 6)
(f) wanting or enjoying expensive pleasures (paragraph 6)
Imagine that you are the Director of the Department of Tourism of the State of Palwal Pradesh. You have recently received the following letter from the Minister of Tourism.
In section D.6 you will write the report asked for. First though, it is necessary to study the following statistics and draw appropriate conclusions. Work in groups of four. Discuss the three figures in this section and the questions that follow each figure, and write notes to answer those questions. (Contrary to the recent trends, foreign tourists visiting Palwal Pradesh outnumber domestic tourists).
- What has been the general trend in the number of tourists visiting Palwal Pradesh over the last five years ?
- Which groups have shown increases, and by how much ?
- Suggest reasons for the changes over the last five years, for both groups of tourists.
Work with a partner to write the report asked for in D.4. You are the Director of Tourism for Palwal Pradesh. Make sure that ……
From : Shankar Murti, Director of Tourism, Palwal Pradesh
To : Minister of Tourism, Palwal Pradesh
Date : 3 March, 20 – –
A study of the present trends of tourism in Palwal Pradesh, their main features and projections for 10 years’ time
The following are our findings and suggestions.
In your written report, you will find the following language useful:
when describing trends and changes
A Final Check….
Before you hand in your report:
We hope the NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Main Course Book Unit 5 Travel and Tourism Chapter 4 Promoting Tourism help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 10 English Main Course Book Unit 5 Travel and Tourism Chapter 4 Promoting Tourism, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.